A very special pizza with pumpkin cream, fresh mushrooms flavoured with our pesteda, mozzarella bites and speck.
For the poolish:
- 200g manitoba flour
- 50g flour type 0
- 250g of lukewarm water
- 10g of dried natural yeast starter (or 2g brewers yeast).
For the dough:
- 120g flour type 0
- 55g durum wheat flour
- 13g salt
For the stuffing:
- 250g of oven-baked pumpkin pulp (about 6 thick slices)
- 500g mixed fresh or frozen mushrooms in pieces
- evo oil
- 400g mozzarella bites
- 10 speck slices
The day before, at 7.oo pm: pour in a bowl all the poolish ingredients and mix all using a fork. You will get a very smooth batter (the poolish): cover with a lid or plastic wrap and let rise overnight at room temperature.
The next morning, at about 8:00 am: pour in the kneader the ingredients for the dough and knead all gradually adding the poolish. Knead the dough very well for about 15-20 minutes. Flour the pastry board and upset the dough. Cover it with a bowl and let rise 1 hour. Flatten the dough in a rectangle and make folds: put the right corner of the rectangle in the center and cover it with the left corner. Turn the dough of 90°, flatten it again and repeat the folds 2 times. Turn the dough so that the folds are below.
Brush with oil a large bowl and place the dough, cover with foil or with a lid and let rise at room temperature for 1 hour. Divide the dough in 2 portions of 280 gr each and one of 130 gr and form 3 balls. Place them on a floured baking tray, cover with film and put in the fridge for 5-6 hours.
In the afternoon, around 5.00 pm: take out the balls from the fridge and let rise at room temperature for 2-3 hours. Meanwhile prepare the stuffing: heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a non-stick pan (if you want with a clove of garlic) and pour the mushrooms. Cook over high heat for 5 minutes, then lower the heat, salt and season with a teaspoon of Pesteda. Cover with the lid and cook for 10 minutes, uncovered and finish cooking for another 5 minutes drying all the excess liquid. Prepare pumpkin: if you don’t have pumpkin pulp to use, cook it in the oven following or, if you have no time, cook it in the pressure cooker for 4 minutes from the whistle. Once cold, blend it in a food processor and keep aside.
In the evening, at 8:00 pm:
– If you bake your pizzas in the oven: turn on the oven and bring to the maximum temperature (280°C). Roll out the loaves, transfer them on a sheet of baking paper and place them on a baking tray. Season with pumpkin cream and bake for 10 minutes (5 for the smaller one) placing the pan directly on the bottom of the oven. Season your pizzas with mushrooms and mozzarella and continue baking for 5-6 minutes. Complete with speck and serve.
– If you have a baking stone or, as in my case, a pizza – oven: season your pizzas with all the ingredients (except for the speck) and cook them for 3 minutes. Complete with speck and serve.